Today I want to share the list that I made and used in preparation for the birth of my girl in July 2013.
Although I believe that some of you might appreciate this long and detailed list, I do not think that it is necessarily for everyone to use so much detail. I think my list was so detailed partly because of my personality and partly because of my beliefs (how I believe and receive). My husband on the other hand is completely different than me and if this was his list there would be one or two lines – straight to the point! But…I am not him!
So, here is my very detailed list that I used…
Here is my list of ‘Life in Giving Birth’
What I am expecting and standing for in Jesus’ Name:
- I am expecting abundant peace during the entire process of giving birth
- That I will be full of life and energy
- That Saree (my unborn baby girl) and I will function in God’s peace and experience her birth in full life (lacking nothing – only experiencing abundant life)
- That Saree will come quickly and easily, without any pain or problems.
- That we’ll have enough time to get everything we need and have enough time to get to Genesis (The active birthing clinic I was going to birth at)
- That there will be a room available for us at Genesis (I did not want to go to a hospital. I do not like change)
- That the environment will be calm and peaceful and that we would be 100% satisfied with our experience at Genesis
- That the drive in the car will be easy and light and comfortable
- That the drive in the car will be a pleasant experience
- That Henny (my midwife) will be available for our birth and have good time to get to Genesis to help us
- That Matt (my husband) and I, as well as Gregory (my 1 1/2 year old) and my whole family, will have a wonderful, delightful, peaceful experience
- That there will be peace and pleasantness among everyone (family and Genesis staff and midwives)
- That Saree is in the proper, perfect position, ready to come out easily
- That she is safe and nothing is in the way of her coming out
- That the umbilical cord is long enough and out of the way
- That she is comfortable and healthy, without any stress, both now and during her birth
- Body I command you in the Name of Jesus to function in complete peace at the time of giving birth as well as the entire birthing process. God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of miraculous, abundant power, and of love and self-control (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Body you will be and act and function in perfect peace
- I expect and believe and trust that I will clearly hear from the Holy Spirit when I am going into labour and that from that time I would function in perfect Holy Ghost peace and hear Him clearly as He guides me
- That my ears will be open and that I would hear and obey Him
- That Matt would also function in God’s ability and be able to clearly hear what the Holy Spirit speaks to him (I can be very particular so this was very important to me and I knew that He would be able to tell Matt exactly what I needed)
- That both Matt and I would have confidence in God’s guidance and TRUST Him and act on what He directs us to do
- That we would do everything in perfect peace and love
- That we would work well together
- That I would act in love and choose to be in love and peace
- That I will act with self-control
- That the contractions will be without any pain, without any discomfort or tension
- That the contractions will only be what it truly is – tightening of muscles
- That my uterus will easily and without pain or discomfort tighten
- That my uterus will easily push Saree down to be birthed
- That my body will relax and open up easily
- That my cervix will dilate quickly and without pain
- That my cervix will be elastic and stretch easily
- That my whole body will work well together, in harmony and that my uterus and cervix will especially work well together
- That I will only get the urge to push because of pressure and not pain and that the urge to push will only come once I am fully dilated
- That my skin will be supernaturally God-ability-and-life stretchable, soft and elastic
- That I will not tear or experience any pain at any time during the birth
- That there will be no tension in my body during the entire time of birth
- That Saree will pass through and into the world with ease and pleasure and joy
- That her birth will be short, easy, pain free and full of peace and joy – abundantly!
Thank You Jesus that You bore our pain so that we don’t have to, but that instead we can receive and experience abundant life – life without any lack whatsoever!info
Making this list and reading it daily helped me identify or detect fears and replace it with the Truth. I was able to be specific and if I felt fear, I searched out a scripture and trusted that instead. In return the Word gave me confidence and boldness – because it is the truth!
It is extremely important to check your heart and make sure that there are no fears creaping into your heart. Fear is the opposite of faith and it can litterally steal life from you. Overcome fear by standing on the Word. If you recognize a fear, do not ignore it, but instead find a scripture and say that every time the fear tries to come up.
I do have to add that since my birth with Saree I have now learnt that we do not have to ‘labor’ or ‘work’ in childbirth either. Please see my article Understanding Supernatural Childbirth for more about this.
I pray that this will encourage you to stand for what you would like and not allow anything other than life into your birthing experience.
Walking in His blessings,